Travel to Salinas from the Guayaquil airport (and back)

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Travel to Salinas from the Guayaquil airport (and back)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    KEVIN MANN
    Participant

We are planning a trip to Salinas and wondering how best (safely and inexpensively) to get from the airport in Guayaquil to Salinas, and then back again at the end of our stay. I can be pretty sure that there are buses available, but I don’t know if they leave from the airport or from a different location. Would it be a good idea to arrange for over-night accommodations in Guayaquil instead of trying to get all the way to Salinas in one day? Any experienced advice would be welcome.

Getting to Salinas from Guayaquil doesn’t take that long… maybe 2.5 hours so depending on what time you arrive you should be able to get there easily enough. You can take a bus, but yes, I don’t think the buses leave from the airport. You could also rent a car, if you like, and/or hire a driver to take you to Salinas ($60-$100). One English-speaking driver you might try is Will Rodriguez: willienavy70@gmail.com; cell: 098-699-2334. A friend recommends him, I have not tried him myself.

Let me see if I can find more info for you.

KEVIN MANN
    Participant

Thank you Suzan, your helpful advice is always appreciated.

Hi Kevin, this is contact info for another driver (I know nothing about this guy other than his contact details):

Ronald Guerrero Montesdeoca
    Call Magicjack Number 0102038426
    FaceTime or Mail: nomadatrips_ecu@yahoo.com (iPhones, iPad or ipod)
    Cellphone Whatsapp +593 986390284

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.