Traveling with a service dog in Ecuador

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Traveling with a service dog in Ecuador

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

My cousin wants to bring her daughter and granddaughter to Ecuador next summer.  The granddaughter wants to become a vetenarian and her dream trip is to go to the Galápagos.  However, she has to travel with a certified service dog and they are wondering if there any restrictions to having a service dog in Ecuador and especially in the Galápagos.  For the Galápagos they would consider one of the larger ships and she could leave the dog on board when going ashore for short periods, if the dog would not be allowed on land.

Does anyone have any experience with a service dog here or know where I could get reliable information?  THANKS

Juanita Ruth One

juanitaruthone@juno.com

Juanita, I will try to find out for you, but I very much doubt you can introduce any animal into the Galapagos. Let me do some asking around, though.

Hi Juanita, I asked an Ecuadorian attorney friend about this and he said he is not sure  but he thinks your cousin will not have a problem with her service dog. We both think your best bet is to contact the tour operator you are thinking of using and pose the question to them. They should have an answer for you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.