unlock cellular in Cuenca

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum unlock cellular in Cuenca

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Does anyone know of any places I could get my cellular unblocked?
    Also, would I be able to use my phone once I get back home to Canada?
    We’ll be staying in Ecuador and roaming the country till the end of February
    and we are missing the convenience of the cell phone.
    We will greatly appreciate it if somebody can help us with this topic.

Sorry, Fernando, I own a “dumb phone” and know nothing about this topic.

FRANK AGIATO

Re: Unlock blocked cellular in Cuenca. This is the first of this. Is the block caused by the cell phone provider, the EC government, or a product of the country’s geography?

FRANK AGIATO

Re: Unlock blocked cellular in Cuenca. This is the first I’ve heard of this. Is the block caused by the cell phone provider, the EC government, or a product of the country’s geography?

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Frank, I think Fernando meant to ask about getting his phone “unlocked”…

Fernando, I’m told there is someone in Cuenca who can do this and the CNT office in Centro can point you in the right direction. Meanwhile, maybe this article will help: http://www.zdnet.com/blog/cell-phones/international-travelers-here-is-how-to-sim-unlock-your-verizon-apple-iphone-4s/6712

NATALIE D.
    Participant

When I was there last year, the employees at the cellular companies (Claro and MoviStar) were more than happy to check my phone for a Sim card that could be replaced with a local Sim card for the duration of my stay. This would be the cheapest option, but didn’t work in my case . . . so I just picked up the cheapest dumb phone they had for about $40 and put a $10 credit on it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.