Valuations for CR Property Purchased and Held in an IRA

Homepage Forums Costa Rica Insider Forum Valuations for CR Property Purchased and Held in an IRA

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    CHERYL EWING
    Participant

My IRA third-party administrator has asked for annual property valuations for a vacant lot in a residential gated community held in my IRA. I’m not in Costa Rica and I’ve had difficulty finding someone to do that for me. Now the administrator is saying they may be forced to make a distribution of the property without a valuation.

The administrator would accept a Comparative Market Analysis from a local real estate broker which seems fairly straightforward as there have certainly been transactions in the community.

Can you put me in touch with a realtor on the Caribbean side who can do market comps, complete a simple form via fax without too much hassle and expense?

The IRA administrator is asking for the form by the end of this month.

If anyone has any experience to share about this, please share if you are comfortable doing so.

Thanks.
    Cheryl

JASON HOLLAND
    Participant

Hi Cheryl,

One of the real estate experts with Pathfinder International should be in touch with you shortly on this issue.

You might also try contacted Nick Hodges, who is a tax expert and speaker at many IL conferences: http://nchwealth.com/nhodges.php

Jason

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.