Vehicle importation to Ecuador-

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Vehicle importation to Ecuador-

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    FRANK AGIATO

Is there a reason why I can’t bring a vehicle to Ecuador along with my household items?

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

It is not allowed. Not sure why…

FRANK AGIATO

Susan, thanks for the quick response! Early this morning while at Topix.com Forum I found a post 7/2010 American Gringos: Retiring in Ecuador (post# 11, 1/10/11). It spoke about this very subject and the author gave alot of info on the subject and that you should bring your vehicle to Ecuador and that it should be a new one. I sent a response to this because I had read the opposite in IL posts. I also asked a slew of questions related to this subject. Hope I get a response. Thanks again!

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Frank, let us know what you hear. I’ve never heard of anyone doing this.

FRANK AGIATO

Susan, sure I’d be happy to let you know. Thanks.

FRANK AGIATO

Susan Haskins- I found info on this at http://ecuadorrealestate.org/how-to-import-a-car-to-ecuador
    I tried sending a synopsis of the article here but got an error asking me “Are you sure you wanted to do that?” I don’t see a problem with what I sent. Please check it out and advise, if you can. What was the error for? Incidently, there was a large list of different Ecuador articles offering info on manyy topics at this site.

Frank, I will check it out — and no worries, that response comes up now and then when you try to post something here. Some kind of gremlin. I get one that says “Slow down, you move too fast.” weird…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.