Veterinarians and Kennels

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Veterinarians and Kennels

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

We have a cat and a small dog to bring when relocating. We will be living on the coast either in the Manta or Salinas area. Are there veterinarians in these areas and are there kennels where we can board the animals if we are away from home? What are approximate costs to board an animal?
    Thanks.
    Richard Aitkenhead

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Yes, there are veterinarians in Manta and Salinas. In Libertad (near Salinas) I’ve heard recommendations for a vet office called El Pibe. Dr. Franklin, there, and his wife Maria both speak English and they are there most days and available by phone at other times: 097000803. I understand they board large dogs at El Pibe — at the vet office and in a separate area than ill animals but still mostly indoors. Smaller dogs are boarded at Dr. Franklin’s home.

I don’t have a contact for you in Manta, unfortunately, but it is about 6 times larger than Salinas and I’m sure you will find services there. Once you put down roots I’m sure you’ll find what you need. I have a house-sitter who stays in my home with my cats for $10 a day. She charges more for dog sitting – -not sure but it may be $15 a day. This is just to give you an idea of what you might expect to pay…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.