Visa Application Concerns

Homepage Forums Panama Insider Visa Application Concerns

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    WILLIAM B.

My wife and I would very much like to retire to Panama in six years under the Pensionado visa.
    I would intend to apply with my pension income and my wife would be a co-applicant dependent on my application. I notice the comment in the visa section which states:

All applications require that you bring with you a clean police record from your last place of residence. Note that a record from your local police office is no longer acceptable for U.S. citizens. Your police record must come from the FBI and must be clear of arrests and convictions, or Panama will deny you residence.

My wife has had a clean record for many years but has a very old conviction (1980’s) on her record. We wanted to make sure this would not be reason for denial of our application as this is so long ago.

Any feedback would be very helpful – Thanks!

Unfortunately I think any convictions appearing on your FBI report would be detrimental to your application. However I am not an immigration expert and thus cannot be 100% certain. I would urge you to discuss with your Panama attorney. If you don’t already have one you’ll find contact info for a local firm in the Rolodex section of this website.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.