visiting Cotacachi

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum visiting Cotacachi

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hola!
    I just arrived in Cotacachi to spend a few days here before the conference in Quito. I managed to get here by bus from Quito with only a couple of snags. I was wondering if there are any expats living here that I could meet for lunch or dinner and get to know some of the insider tips about living in Cotacachi. I am staying at the hostal LaCuadra until Thursday morning, then taking the bus back to Quito for the conference.
    Muchas Gracias!

Hi Alan,

If you’re looking for expats head over to Solid Rock Plaza for breakfast where you’ll usually find an assortment of locals. Serendipity restaurant and Rio Intag Cafe are good places to find expats also. If you want to specifically meet with someone and you’re on Facebook you could say hi and request to meet some expats on the Cotacachi Expats page. There are plenty of friendly folks in town who are always willing to help.

Hi Wendy thanks for the info. I checked the facebook page and made a member request. I didn’t make enough preparations for my visit to Cotacachi I’m afraid. I don’t know where anything is lol. I am a few blocks from the main square so I think I will just take a stroll around and see the town. Perhaps I will run across some expats and get some directions from them. I you could pass on my email address to anyone I would appreciate it. alan.bellairs@yahoo.com Hostel has wifi so I can respond to any messages.
    Thanks again!

The good news is that Cotacachi is fairly small, so you shouldn’t have any trouble finding your way around town. If you are looking for a specific place just ask any expat you see (we’re usually easy to spot!) and they’ll point you in the right direction.

Lo siento I have 1 more question. In one of your daily postcard posts you mention a hot tub, Turkish bath, and sauna. Could you tell me where that is?
    Again, muchas gracias!

The name of the spa is Samana Wasi and they are located on Bolivar and 24 de Mayo. So if you are in Parque Matriz (the large town square in front of the large church) and you are facing the church, Bolivar is the street to the right of the church, it starts just a bit behind the church stairs. Head down that street about a block and it’s on the right. However, last I heard they are only open on weekends unless you have a party of 5 or more and make an advanced reservation.

You were correct about their schedule. Weekends only and I couldn’t quite make out the sign but it looked like reservations of some sort are required. I will have to check it out next time!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.