Visiting Cuenca 19 Nov to 15 Dec

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Visiting Cuenca 19 Nov to 15 Dec

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    THOMAS GREEN
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I am enjoying this forum and exchange of idea with everyone! Ecuador sounds like a place my wife and I need to check out. I have been on the list since the first day, yet more or less lurking.

My wife, Kris, and I will be coming to Ecuador on 18 November 2012, staying overnight in Quito, and then continuing to Cuenca on 19 November. We then will be leaving Cuenca on 15 December to go back to Quito. We will spend 16 and 17 December checking out Quito before we fly back on 19 December.

We have a furnished apartment lined up for the month we will be there. The Simon Bolivar School gave us some ideas on who to contact for apartments.

In Cuenca we will be spending 4 hours each morning learning Spanish at the Simon Bolivar school. We will invest our afternoons exploring Cuenca and seeing if we like it enough to move there. We also will have 3 weekends that we might explore areas around Cuenca.

I am vegan and my wife is vegetarian, so we will particularly be looking for good sources of eating for us. We are already looking forward to the fresh fruits and vegetables that we can buy at the markets. And, we have identified a few vegetarian and/or vegetarian friendly restaurants we want to check out. Are there any suggestions / recommendations?

We also want to check out a dentist while we are there. I just sent an email to the one Ed Staton suggested (thanks!). Do anyone have other recommendations?

If there will be anyone in Cuenca during those time we would love to meet with others on this list. And, if anyone has suggestions for what to check out / do, or any advise for us, please let us know.

Thank you!

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

I’m sure Edd will have some ideas for you — enjoy your trip!

Hola, Senor Green. There are a surprising number of vegetarian restaurants in Cuenca. Some popular ones you’ll enjoy visiting include Good Affinity (Asian style), Govinda (Indian), Nectar, and El Paraiso (3 locations). Also please know that many “omnivore” eateries often offer vegetarian choices. You won’t starve here, I promise!

Hi, I forgot to ask. I am vegan, but I only eat organic. What is the availability of organic produce and restaurants in Cuenca?

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Charles, I think Edd answered your questions in your subsequent post, right???

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.