Visiting Olon?

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Visiting Olon?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I plan on visiting Ecuador in September 2015 on a tour that goes from Quito to Cuenca to Guay. I am interested in spending a few days looking at a town on the coast while I am there. From all I’ve read, I think Olon may be right for me. I would like a quiet coastal town that has reliable internet and is close to restaurants, markets and bus/transportation. Would also like warm but not super hot – and mild to mid humidity is ok. Can anyone tell me if I’m on the right track or can suggest anywhere else?

Thanks, Deb.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Hi Deborah, I like Olon myself. You might want to check out the blog written by my friend Leigh Frost: http://leighfrost-olon.blogspot.com

Another place I like is Canoa… but really, if you’ve not yet visited, you need to. The Ecuador coast is very rustic… and by that I mean lacking in infrastructure. (Municipal water and sewage treatment facilities and yes, spotty internet.) Most of these small coastal towns have only a few paved roads, so parts of town can be quite muddy during rainy season.

Only you can decide what you can tolerate and what you can’t.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.