Walking Cinta Costera

Homepage Forums Panama Insider Walking Cinta Costera

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RICHARD A.
    Participant

I have walked the Cinta Costera many times and really enjoy it. However I have not walked the section between Casco Viejo and the Amador Causeway. I see that this section skirts along the El Chorillo neighborhood which has a reputation for not being safe. Does anyone know if that section of the Cinta Costera is reasonably safe like the rest of Cinta Costera; or should it be avoided due to the proximity to El Chorillo?

Hi Richard,

Thanks for posting. Though Chorrillo got a bit of a facelift with the Cinta III and social housing projects, I am still wary…and most of the locals I talk to seem to feel the same. It might be ok to do the walk from Casco to Chorrillo during the day given how busy the bridge is (it’s not lonely and isolated), but I always err on the side of caution. I find in Panama it’s really easy to not become a target for crime. Just takes a bit of good old-fashioned awareness, as in any major metropolitan area anywhere in the world. With so much of the Cinta to enjoy between Paitilla and Casco, might be a good idea to avoid the less-transited (by pedestrians) section.

Hope that helps!

Best,

Jessica

Jessica Ramesch
    IL Panama Editor

RICHARD A.
    Participant

Thank you so much. That’s just the kind of info I was looking for!

Super, thanks Richard!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.