water filters

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum water filters

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ANDREA LYMAN
    Participant

Do you know how available water filters are in Ecuador? We are interested in a whole house water filter, if possible. But under the sink ones would be better than nothing. And what about Brita pitchers to filter small amounts of water? Now matter how good the water is in a place, we try to not drink chlorinated water – period. And if you’re in any town or city, the municipal water has chlorine in it, at the very least. Unless we have our own private spring or water system not shared with anyone else, and have a good filtering system on it, we prefer to use a filter. So any help you can offer on this topic would be appreciated.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

I’ve not seen Britta pitchers in Ecuador, but I know there are water systems available in Quito, and I’d suspect they are available in Cuenca and elsewhere, too. We have the big multi-gallon garafons delivered to us every Friday. It’s pretty easy to get used to using your water this way and it costs maybe $3. (In Mexico we had a filter under our kitchen sink, but every other place we’ve lived we have used bottled water.) But you should be able to find what you are looking for…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.