Weather

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I will be visting Quito and Cotacachi in February for the conference. When I check the Weather Channel it predicts 80-100% chance of thunderstorms every day. It is hard to tell how much time it rains every day. Can someone describe the weather in a little more detail? Do storms come and go? Or do they sit there and pour buckets of rain all day long? I have spent time in Seattle in the winter and it does rain some days all day long, which is hard for me to live with. I just can’t tell from weather on the internet exactly what it is like.
    Thanks!

It certainly doesn’t rain every day and it rarely rains all day in the Andean highlands, but I always take a collapsible umbrella in my back pocket because the weather can change quickly.

Thanks Edd! I plan to spend a few days in Cotacachi and Ibarra before the conference and will kind of see for myself. My next trip will be to Cuenca to see how I like things there. I plan to retire in about 3 years and by then I want to have my plans all set. Of course after I am there awhile, maybe I will change plans. Who know? My daughter spent 5 years in Japan teaching English and she doesn’t think I am adventurous enough to do this. We will find out!

Sounds like you’re on track to prove your daughter wrong, Alan. Do you know yourself well enough to project whether you’d be happier in a small town or a city? If so you can get a good idea of whether Cotacachi/Ibarra or Cuenca will be a better choice without even leaving home. All the info at the conference will be invaluable. See you there!

Right now I am leaning toward a small town since I have never lived in a city. But I want to visit Cuenca before I decide, just to make sure.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.