weather question

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum weather question

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MELANIE CLARK
    Participant

Just curious. On the top of the Forum, it shows “weather in Ecuador” every day. Every day it shows rain. Is it really raining every day? We’ll be in Salinas on May 19, and from what the internet says, it can rain almost every day in May, but not all day. Then late May, we’re heading to Cuenca. So, just wondering how much will it be raining mid-May to early June in the Cuenca area and Salinas/Manta area? Thanks (I know there is no “perfect answer” to a question like that…but wondering) I may pack differently. (Maybe not bring any sandals? )

In Cuenca, yes, it’s really raining every day. Not all day, mind you, but the weather pattern here has been stuck for weeks with mostly cloudy skies and rainfall sometimes four times a day. The temps are consistently moderate, but you can never be certain regarding precipitation, so we always take umbrellas just in case.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

I think the weather satellite picks up Quito weather, perhaps. I’m sure it rains in Ecuador somewhere every day… but not everywhere, of course. If you are going to Cuenca, I’d def pack some close-toed shoes, a sweater or jacket and a small umbrella. And a hat… never go out, rain or sun, without a hat. The suns rays are very strong here.

DALE ONUFFER

As a follow up to the Edd Staton response, specific to Cuenca, is this “raining every day” consistent throughout the year?, or, is this just a rainy season, then periods where it does not rain every day? Thank you, in advance, for any response.

Dale, after raining at least once a day for weeks the weather has been beautiful lately. We’re supposed to have a dry and rainy season but in four years here I haven’t found a discernible pattern in Cuenca. It’s best to always carry an umbrella “just in case.”

SUZIE HARP
    Participant

The first two times we came to Cuenca (’11 and ’13) we never saw a drop of rain. I always bragged to everyone back in the states, that Cuenca was going to be our little paradise on earth when we moved here. I arrived on May 31st..(my hubby will join me in a couple of weeks when he retires). He’s going to bring our large “golf” umbrella, because my little girlie one isn’t gettin’ it. We have had rain every day, sometimes downpours. It was a beautiful morning here..my sister-in-law who is always cold, came home from the market and she was sweating! We had lunch at Don Colon’s (3x’s in a wk) and he moved our table in a few feet when the rain came from nowhere. The rain brought beautiful temps and we got an ice cream and sat at Parque Calderon. Came back home and now it’s chilly..GOTTA LOVE CUENCA and we do!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.