What to pack??

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum What to pack??

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I’m going to be in Ecuador for three weeks. No real itinerary but will be in the mountains, at the beach, in the cities and trekking through some jungle. Didn’t want to carry much with me. Figured a reasonably sized backpack. What are the essentials I should bring? Any advice on clothes and shoes for the different climate zones, particularly the jungle. I think I can figure the beach out, but I’m a like concerned about having the space for the variety of cloths and footware I might need for city life, chilly mountain nights and sticky jungles.

One other thought, is it better to bring sunscreen and bug repellent from the states or get it there.
    Thank you.

No one ever gone into the jungle then and returned i guess 🙂

Here is what I would bring if I were a guy: 2 pair pants, 3 T-shirts, swim trunks, long-sleeve button-down shirt (one of those dry-fast travel things, socks and briefs. And for shoes a pair of Tevas or similar with good tread that you can wear with or without socks. Bring a light jacket for the highlands, a good hat, and a small fold-up umbrella. Bring a good sunscreen and some of those wet wipe insect repellant things. Should be all you need.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.