What's your favorite spot in Costa Rica?

Homepage Forums Costa Rica Insider Forum What's your favorite spot in Costa Rica?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Have you visited Costa Rica already? If so, please share your favorite region or town with your fellow Insiders. And let us know why you like it.

I love the Lake Arenal area and, as a result, will be living there in just a few months. After living in the mountains in California, Arenal is a natural for me. It is amazingly beautiful, quiet, and the people are friendly. I’m also not one for the higher humidity of the coastal areas–I tend to wilt as humidity rises. Temperatures here are perfect for me. I found a house with a view of the lake in Nuevo Arenal. The area speaks to who I am. Sometimes I’m a hermit of sorts, I enjoy the solitude of the area and like the open space, pristine beauty, and the incredible views of the lake with virtually no boats in sight. However, I also love to entertain and the people are extremely friendly–I think I’ll not have a problem making friends of both expats and Ticos. Given that I work remotely and tend to overwork, the area promises a chance to breathe and provide some much-needed balance. Can’t wait!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.