When are the new airports running international flights?

Homepage Forums Panama Insider When are the new airports running international flights?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    GREG ASTON
    Participant

I am going to be a new regular visitor to Panama and bought property based on the new airport in David or even Rio Hato having international flights soon. Does anyone have any updated information on whether either airport will be accepting flights from Canada or the US soon?

Hi Greg- many of us are asking the same question! Unfortunately, at this time I don’t know of any flights planned for the immediate future. We hear occasional rumors, but so far none of the airlines has committed to regular service between the US or Canada and David or Rio Hato.

If Jessica has other or more current information, I’m sure she’ll add it here soon.

Dear Greg,

Government sources say that these airports will receive charter flights from the U.S. and Canada (and possibly other countries), but not regular commercial service. I personally believe that the demand is not strong enough at present to justify regular commercial flights, given the relatively small populations that live in/visit these areas and the relatively small number of resorts compared to mega-resort destinations such as, say, Cancun. You will often hear rumors about the David airport but when I write about it I make sure to let readers know that regular (commercial) flights to North America are not likely in the near future.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jessica

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.