When can we come back?

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum When can we come back?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    PAULINE FRIESEN
    Participant

We spent 6 months in Ecuador last year. We were told by our “friends”, who were “helping” us, that our visa extension process had been started 6 weeks after we arrived. We left the country on May 10, 2013 and were told that we would not be allowed back until after Februaru 9, 2014. We have since found out that these, now former, “friends”, did not start the process until after our 3 month tourist visa had expired. We have consulted the Ecuadorian consulate in Vancouver, BC Canada, and he advised us that the only way to clear our “record” would be to get a 6 month tourist visa, at a cost! We want to know if there is another way, for example, if we were to wait until it has been a year since we left there, would that do the trick? What are our options? We want to come back for a visit to tour more of Ecuador to find where we want to live.
    Thank you!

Pauline Friesen

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Hi Pauline, I was hoping someone with more recent experience than I have might answer this. My experience is that every immigration office or official will tell you something different. It’s all about “interpretation” of laws…

This is one way of saying you may want to get another opinion. You might send an email to attorney Santiago Andrade (santiago1397@gmail.com) — he is good about answering emails. And/or consult with Maite Duran of Gringo Visas: http://www.gringovisas.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.