When to start using a facilitator

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum When to start using a facilitator

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    GARY POLLICE

Edd,

You wrote a nice piece about using a facilitator to help the transition to Ecuador. We’re going to be in Cuenca for the month of June, hopefully buying a place to move in 2015 when I retire. We were there last year and decided that it’s where we want to go. Would it be useful to get in touch with a facilitator this early? Are there any you might recommend? Maybe I’ll see you walking around the city while we’re there. 🙂

–Gary

It’s too early to engage a facilitator for visa/shipping furnishings. You could hire someone to show you around, but if you’re going to be here a whole month I recommend you go out there on your own and get lost a few times. Maybe I’m “old school,” but it seems to me that over dependence on paid help can take all the adventure out of becoming an expat.

GARY POLLICE

Thanks Edd. A colleague of mine is from Cuenca and has put me in touch with one of his high school friends who took us around last summer. We’ll be meeting with them again and will also be contacting a few realtors. I just wasn’t sure how far in advance I should start to get some advice on the whole moving and relocating process. You’ve ansered that.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.