Where to live for 6 to 9 months

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Where to live for 6 to 9 months

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

I misplaced the list of gringo nights in various cities/towns. I would like to include them on my recon trip. Is there a reason to go to Quito for admin recon purposes if I do not intend to live there? ps Sarah D. was very helpful with insulin questions. Mark

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Hi Mike, I think the list of expat get-togethers in Cuenca is in one of these forum posts. Let me know if you can’t find it. Spending time in Quito is totally up to you — if you absolutely know you won’t live there, then I don’t see the reasoning to spend time there. It is, though, a lovely city with many great sites to explore.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Mike, here is the expat get-together info for Cuenca:

Gringo Nights in Cuenca

Tuesday, 5 – 8 p.m., DiBacco´s Italian Restaurant and Bar, 9 – 61 Calle Tarqui at Bolivar

Thursday, 5 – 8 p.m., DiBacco´s Italian Restaurant and Bar (Gringo Newcomers Night), 9 – 61 Calle Tarqui at Bolivar

Friday, 5 – 7 p.m., California Kitchen, Luis Cordero 5-65 and Calle Larga

Friday, 5 till closing, Fabiano’s Pizzaria, Calle Presidente Cordova 4-84 at Cueva

Friday, 5:30 – 8 p.m., Zoe Restaurant, Calle Borrero 7-61 at Sucre

Other gringo meet-up locations are: Café Eucalyptus, Calle Gran Colombia 9 -41 and Benigno Malo; Inca Lounge and Bistro, on the Barranco just east of Calle Benigno Malo; and Akelarre Bar, General Torres 8-40 and Bolivar.

We don’t own pets, but many expats do (although I don’t any who own six!). I’m sure you’re aware your situation will limit the availability of rentals, and an additional security deposit will probably be required. But I think you would be able to find something suitable. Perhaps you will meet other pet owners at one of the gringo hangouts, and you can certainly post a request for assistance and advice in GringoTree.

P.S. In Cotacachi you won’t find any organized get-togethers but will will meet gringos everywhere, especially at the expat-owned restaurants: Casa de las Frutas, Solid Rock, Serendipity, El Trebol.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.