Where to start?

Homepage Forums Belize Insider Forum Where to start?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    FRANK S.
    Participant

I plan on my first visit to Belize next month to begin looking at property. My number one priority is finding property or house/condos with marina access/proximity, as I will be keeping my sport fishing boat there. Can you give me some information on full service marinas and the areas they are located? Thanks so much,

Frank

frank,

The Placencia peninsula has the largest marinas with associated condo/townhouse developments, on the lagoon side. I know there is one at Roberts Grove, but there are others there as well. There are a number of condo developments and also some property that is being developed where you can build your own home, on the marina side, and keep your boat in a slip there.

Boris Mannsfeld Associates works with Pathfinders in Placencia and he is part owner of the marina development at Roberts Grove.

It’s always a good idea not to buy on your first trip. You can also rent a house in the marinas. I met a couple who does rent at the Roberts Grove marina. If you rent first and talk to expats who live on the Placencia Peninsula you will hear the pros and cons of the various marinas and properties. Then you can make a better informed decision.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.