Where to stay in Cuenca Xmas

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Where to stay in Cuenca Xmas

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ROGER SHERMAN
    Participant

We are going to explore Cuenca around Christmas and would appreciate advice on where to stay. We would like some moderately priced hotel/b&b for our forays into the real estate world. Roger & CJ Sherman (long-time IL subscribers ) + attendee @ fastrack Ecuador in Quito.

I’ll let Edd answer here since he lives in Cuenca….but it might be helpful if you can put a number to moderately priced?

Yes, Roger, I’ll be happy to recommend a few places to you once you provide a per night dollar figure. Your “moderate” may be someone else’s “expensive.”

BILL MATTOX

Ed, I have been watching this post to get the same info that Rogers asked for. Since he never answered your request I will hijack his post and say can I get a decent hotel for around $30 a night. My wife and I will be coming to Cuenca sometime in February and would love a recomendation. We would also like a recommendation for an english speaking driver we could hire for a couple of days to show us the area in and around Cuenca.

Bill, I have a recommendation for you. Casa del Barranco (www.casadelbarranco.com) is ideally located in the Old Town right next to the Tomebamba river. Their published rate for a double is $36. If you & your wife are staying for awhile perhaps you can get them to do a little better.

BILL MATTOX

Thanks Ed that sounds exactly like what we are looking for.

DAVID RENTO

I’m arriving in Cuenca Christmas morning. I expect the town may be quiet that day with many stores and restaurants being closed. Any recommendations for a good family dinner on Christmas evening?

David, you might check and see if California Kitchen is doing something: http://www.californiakitchencuenca.com/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.