Would love to view rental properties in January in Toledo, Stann Creek and Coroz

Homepage Forums Belize Insider Forum Would love to view rental properties in January in Toledo, Stann Creek and Coroz

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Meggan Dyer

Hi! I’m headed to Placencia, Punta Gorda, Hopkins, Dangriga and Corozal in January and would like to view long-term rental properties in each area while I’m there as I’m planning to move down in late February or early March. Does anyone have suggestions for who to contact in each area to set up viewing appointments? I’m really looking for sea front or sea view properties that are dog-friendly, and internet searches have been less than ideal. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Meggan,

International Living is not directly involved in the rental management business. We correspondents don’t show any type of properties, rental or for sale. But we do find and list rental management companies in various regions of the country, to assist our members. But since you are coming in the high season, longterm rentals will be scarce. So mainly you can look at the pictures on property management websites, and drive by rentals, to see where they are and what the building looks like.

If you review the monthly issues of the Belize Insider on this website, you will see that I wrote a detailed article about how to find rentals in each region of Belize. The companies and approaches differ from region to region. I don’t remember which issue includes the rental article, but it was between April and July of this year. So check out those monthly Belize Insider issues to find the article that provides info on how to find a longterm rental. You will have to contact each rental company separately and work with them, on a local level. You will find more rentals in Corozal than in Placencia and Hopkins. The rentals in tourism areas are typically snapped up quickly during the high season. Corozal is not a tourist’s area, though.

Meggan Dyer

Thank you, Ann! I’ve checked it out and have some leads. I appreciate you pointing me in the direction of that article!

No problem, Meggan. Finding a rental in Belize is one of the most common questions I receive. It took some research to find groups that advertise rentals in each expat region, but that was a high priority for me when I started writing the Belize Insider Monthly newsletter. Good luck!

John Dobosz
    Participant

To: Ann Kuffner, my name is John Dobosz, we, my wife and 2 emotional support dogs will be staying at Roberts Grove Resort Plancinc Belize February 8th -February 15th 2016.We are retired and looking for a place to spend next winter November 2016 thru April 2017, can you help me with a list of rental agency that could help us look for places that will accept dogs? The dogs are fully regestered with all the appropriate paperwork to cover them and our need for them. We would appreciate any help you can give, being that this is the first time I have seen any actual specific way to get answers about this subject from International Living. I have been somewhat displeased with the help I have gotten from International Living so far as to the answers on specific places. International Living advertise that they are here to help us make decisions about moving overseas, , but most of what I see is just general information. When I asked for specific information about a area they do not preform up to the standards that I had expected when I joined as a Lifetime Member. I hope that you can provide the information that I need to make our week in Placencia a successful journey. Thank you in advance for your time and help. John Dobosz

DAVID L.
    Participant

John, this is more about the dogs than about rentals….

We also have a dog that we are bringing with us when we move permanently to Mayan Seaside, just north of Corozal. While Belize seems easier on dog regulations than other countries, there are still certain requirements, like a health certificate from a vet and certain shots. There are forms necessary (aren’t there always!). BAHA is the Belizean government source that we rely on. In addition, airlines have certain restriction, like outside temperature of the departing, connecting and arrival airports if the dogs are traveling air cargo with you. I am sure that you know more about this than I do.

In addition, I am not sure how you are getting to Placencia, but if you are flying, I would also check with Tropic Air or Maya Air for their requirements.

Hope this helps,
    David

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.